Monday, January 24, 2011

My tank

Since I have turned my interest to fish keeping as  a hobby with a co incidence a  shop with aquariums just opened below my apartment which made me more interested and i went to this shop to enquire about fish rearing with the owner of this shop an did turned out to be a new experience to me as this guy turned out to friendly and imparted to me his knowledge of fish keeping to me and immediately i bought my first 3 feet tank to be delivered to my home that night with a filtering system and some local fishes of which the names are unknown to me but i was told to not put these fishes into yhe tank immediately as the water need some time to mature and i dont know why but unwittingly i added some angel fish into the tank and after a few hours these wonderful fish are not swimming anymore ,they are floating motionless of which i dont have any idea why .
I went to the fish shop and enquired and he told me to add anti chlorine and i was told that that tap in singapore has alot chemicals that kill the fishes just imagine and we thought we are drinking safe water every day and if it is not safe for the fish how could be for us ,just wonder.So after letting the water mature about a week i went and bought some more fishes and added into the tank but it seems bare with just the fishes and i went down again  and bought some plants and decorations for the tank and it did made a difference the tank looked  more better with the some colourful gravel and volcanic stones from the store its like nature brought into your home ,so soothing to watch the fishes swimming about hmm i thought to my self what should i do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment